Monday, July 26, 2010

Is my lip rings supposed to be thight on my lips at first?

i got snakebites just yesterday 4-19-08 at a shop an the circle bck piece is tight an kinda going under the skin on my lip i can still move it it from underneath it but it goes bck under wen i dont press on the spike stud frum the out side of my lip iz that normal or iz the lip ring to tight or iz it jus that the sweelling diddnt go down yet????Is my lip rings supposed to be thight on my lips at first?
sometimes the skin will heal over the backing of your spike so be sure it doesnt do that. the moist parts of your body heal fastest because its moist, so be careful that it doesn't heal over the backing.Is my lip rings supposed to be thight on my lips at first?
If the jewelry is embedding into your skin (even if you can push it back out), then that means your jewelry is too small to accommodate for the swelling.





You just need to go back to your piercer and have the jewelry changed to something longer (if they are labret studs), or something larger in diameter (if they are CBRs, or circular barbells).
Hard to say with out seeing it, but it could be, probably is, the swelling. Most professional piercers know to pierce with jewelry large enough to allow for swelling. They did tell you you'd need to size down later, after the swelling goes away...right?


Take some ibuprofen (Advil, Alleve, to reduce the swelling.)


Icing lips doesn't really help with the swelling, though it's great for tongues. It won't hurt you though, and might feel soothing.


Also do the sea salt soaks, that will help as well.


More info here on my aftercare sheets:


http://shorttext.com/heny0e
Yes, they will do that for a couple of weeks. I have snakebites.. the skin on the inside of the lip will some times go over the ring, but you can just push it back out. Nothing to worry about.
it's the swelling

No comments:

Post a Comment