Monday, August 23, 2010

At what age can you put chapstick on a childs lips?

i want to start teaching healthy habits and to take care of yourself at a young age. . . my question is at what age can you start putting on chapstick


thanxAt what age can you put chapstick on a childs lips?
ANY AGE , THERE IS NOTHING IN CHAPSTICK THAT CAN HURT OR HARM A CHILD, IT IS ALSO GOOD FOR CHAPPED CHEEKS CAUSED FROM WIND BURNAt what age can you put chapstick on a childs lips?
When my daughter was an infant I would put vasoline on her lips, I started letting her apply her own chapstick when she was about 15-18 months.
Any age I would have thought, it's basically vaseline for lips but is designed for internal use due to the way it is intended to be used.
Probably any age, as long as it's okay at any age to put lotion or sunscreen on. (( don't know exact ages still. ))


Since all it is a skin protectant.





BUT, make sure they don't eat it like I did when I was little. %26gt;_%26gt;;
Over the age of 2. Although, you'll have to apply it for the child. I wouldn't trust a 3 year old with a stick of chapstick.
you can use vasaline from day one


in winter i used it on my sons nose and lips as they dried out fast


its not toxic as its recommended to breast feeding mums to use on their nips if they chap
5 yrs, and up..doy!
when the child has the knowledge to understand that eating or licking chapstick is dangerous and unhealthy for his/her body, health and well-being





Good Luck
If it is cold outside and the child has chafed lips I don't think it matters what age you put it on them. I would however get something like Vaseline lip balm or just use it out of a jar. I would not use the flavored kind because they will eat it.:)
my little bro was about 2 when he first used chapsick
start putting it on when your child is 3 months old
hmm.. I'm in my 40's and I don't think I've ever really used chapstick... I'd rather protect my self by wrapping a scarf across my face in the winter or sunscreen and a hat in the summer.





Teach your child not to chew on his/her lips and to keep moist with a quick lick of the lips. Dry lips may also indicate that you are not getting enough water, so make sure you drink several glasses of water during the day.





Many people talk about being ';addicted'; to Chapstick. Because they have used it so much, their lips can no longer provide their own protection.





If you feel you MUST put something on your child's lips, use a natural product like Burts Bees...
I put it on my kids 2 and 4 all the time. It's harmless so start now.
I know it's not really an answer but I'd talk to the pediatrician. I'm positive that they could answer that best. With all the recent childs medicine recalls, let alone the toys, it's best to be safe than sorry.
my neice is 2 , we used to put chapstick on her when she was 1 so rly it dosnt matter. she likes toplay with lipgloss now.
like, 3. my little cousin is 3, and he puts on chapstick! =)
The back of my chapstick tube says 6 months and over.
any age after 3 i would of thought
i think from 10 or 9..i got 2 put shapstick on my lips at the age of 13...i know it sucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment