Monday, November 21, 2011

Is it weird for mothers to kiss their kids smack dab on the lips?

On another MB i frequent, one woman's icon was of herself kissing her child smack dab on the lips. Am I the only one that finds that kind of odd? I mean the child could grow up thinking it's normal for families to kiss on the lips...





http://www.raptureforums.com/forum/image.php?u=38%26amp;dateline=1220213354Is it weird for mothers to kiss their kids smack dab on the lips?
Normal.


I do it.


My husband does it.


Everyone I know with kids does it.





Its called LOVEIs it weird for mothers to kiss their kids smack dab on the lips?
It is totally normal for family members to kiss each other the lips. Now sliding some tongue in .. lol .. that would be bad. But just hugs and a kiss on the lips is totally appropriate.


Id feel bad for any kid whose parents wouldnt kiss him or her right on her little lips ! Well im just kidding there ....


:)


I actually have a step brother and a sister in law, though, who absolutely do not kiss their kids on the lips. I thought that was really weird ! lol My family are kissers but i sensed the kids were uncomfortable with that because it wasnt something that they do .. so when i see them .. we have this little thing where i say ';KISS MY CHEEEK!'; And they are totally comfy with that. One of my nieces actually insisted on giving me a peck on the lips recently and i though it was way cute.


Kiss on the cheek or kiss on the lips .. as long as a parent finds a way they're comfortable showing their kids love and affection .. i dont think it matters which kind of family you are.
why is it not normal to kiss your children on the lips? I kiss my daughter all over. and my nephew who is 2 kisses everyone in our family and friends on the lips. its not weird or strange. in fact i am 20 and when my daughter was born i kissed my mum on the lips its just an affectionate kiss to someone i love dearly. I dont french kiss everyone, there comes a day where you know who to kiss and how.
personally i prefer the idea of kissing a child on the cheek, when they are very little i don't like the idea of every family member kissing on the lips as their immune system wont be up to fighting off every sniffle coming their way. i have grown up not being kissed on the lips and i think for me that's the right way to do it, i don't feel unloved as we were always affectionate as a family. it sounds very silly but i don't want my child to think it's ok to kiss just anyone on the lips. just think how many people you let them refer to as 'uncle' and 'aunt' over the years. \ maybe i'll change my mind as my baby grows but that's how i feel now. i certainly don't think it is wrong for a mum to kiss her baby on the lips but i do think there is a certain age when it should stop.
It is normal, why wouldn't it be? Family has unconditional love and it is perfectly healthy to show it with a kiss. My son is 5 and i love giving him kisses on the lips, and i dread the day he grows older and doesn't want to kiss me or hug me in-front of his friends :( Kissing is a healthy form of affection and is used to show love in all different ways.. whether that be love of a child or mother/father or love for a mate or even a pet. Showing love through a kiss is the closest and loveliest way of showing affection. But it is really all in the way you where raised.. my mom didnt kiss me often on my lips, or cheeks.. and the thought of kissing her is weird to me, although i love her very much, however she often kisses my older brother and younger sisters still on the cheek or lips. So often if you didnt get shown a lot of affection as a child from your mom or dad, this sticks with you as an adult.. but i couldnt immagine not given my little guy kisses an hugs daily.. i just love him so much!
Since when does kissing your child make you bad or make it unnatural? I have been kissed on the lips. Everyone I know has. There's a difference between a peck on the lips and kissing like you're in a relationship.





There's nothing wrong with that. As long as there's no molestation or raping going on, leave it alone. families are allowed to show love more than just a handshake or whatever. Or is that wrong too?
you should be asking why you feel its not normal. When a child is small, this is a way to show affection. Maybe close to the teenage years its not as normal anymore, but kids are kids and love to be loved and kissing regardless of on the lips, cheeks, chin, forehead is something they enjoy. And I kiss both my 3 yr. old and 4 month old and have never ever found it weird. Nothing odd about showing my children how much i love them!
It's very normal I kiss all my children full on the lips and so does their daddy.


BUT I will say that one of my daughters little friends (she is 6) always runs up to me in the playground %26amp; kisses me full on the lips and I do find it a bit awkward but it's how we show love.
Its a kiss, nothing more. I dont understand why everyone in our culture must assume that everything is about sex.





In my opinion, it IS normal to kiss families on the lips. Not everything is about sex. And if you think it is, then you are the one with the problem.
The Avatar you are referring to is one of the most Beautiful Photos I have ever seen...A Parent Kissing THEIR child on the lips is completely and Perfectly Natural and Healthy...nothing More need be said....I feel Sadness for your children if you feel this is ';ODD';.
I don't think it is odd.





I grew up kissing all of my extended family members on the lips. My parents are both from Italy, so this could have something to do with it...but...I kiss my son on the lips and don't plan to stop any time soon.





It's a kiss...it's innocent.
i have two sons, 4 and 2. i still kiss my 2 year old on the lips, though not my 4 year old who declares that all kissing is gross! there's nothing wrong with kissing your child on the lips when they're small. it's just a sign of how much you love them.
i kiss my mom on the lips. i kiss my kids on the lips. the child is supposed to grow up thinking that, because it IS normal. at least in a family that shows love towards eachother. maybe its not normal in families that dont say ';i love you'; and show affection..
Most Westerners see nothing wrong in kissing their children on the lips. It's not a sexual thing.


However I have noticed that for some Asian cultures it is offensive. It depends on your background, I suppose.
No its not odd. Its not like your slipping them tongue! some families do kiss on the lips...its called affection, its not sexual at all, its just kind of like tradition. Some hug, some kiss cheeks, some kiss lips. Its nothing crazy or unexpected.
My family didn't do that, but I see many that do. It's just a matter of preference and I don't see anything wrong with it as long as it's just a quick peck.
I don't find it odd at all... my kids all girls 13,15,18,and 19 still hug and kiss their dad an I every night before going to bed and it was the way I was raised.
I kiss my son on the lips, i think it is quite normal, only someone sickening would think otherwise
Nothing wrong with it, leave her alone.
yes you are odd its normal to kiss your children on the lips ...? are you French
I do i find it normal why dont you?
I also think its slightly strange. I am all for affection, and love, and kissing, but this type of action I think is only appropriate to a certain age. If your child is over 2, its just a little to uncomfortable for others I think.
I'd contact someone
  • this works
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment